AVG Antivirus (AVG stands for Anti-Virus Guard) is one of the top security solutions developed by AVG Technologies that prevents all the risks while getting connected to the internet. The AVG Retail Registration supports the devices of different platforms like Windows, Mac and Android. Thus, to enjoy such an amazing protective layer against the online threats, the users need to follow a set of three processes i.e. download, install and activate the AVG Antivirus to their device. Sometimes the users may face some common errors or issues while installing the AVG Antivirus to the device. And one such common installation errors is “AVG Error Code 0XE001D012”.
The AVG Error Code 0XE001D012 is mostly caused due to the corrupted or incomplete download of the AVG Antivirus to the device. As the error occurs on the device, an error message box is displayed on the screen that shows the error message as shown below:
“AVG Error 0xE001D012: Unable to install the AVG Antivirus”
The users can easily resolve the “AVG Error Code 0XE001D012” by following the method detailed below:
- Click the “Power” button on the device.
- Now, launch the Start Menu by tapping the “Start” button on the taskbar.
- From this menu, select the “Restart” option.
- Now, three options will be displayed on the screen to the users.
- Out of this, choose the “Troubleshoot” option.
- Now, click the “Advanced Options” and then, click the “Startup Settings”.
- After this, hit the “Restart” option.
- Once the device gets restarted then, a list will appear on the display.
- Now, press the ‘F5’ key, for selecting the “Safe Mode with Networking” option.
- After the device gets started in Safe mode, all the software and drivers will be displayed on the screen.
- Now, remove all the residual files and drivers of the AVG Antivirus from the device.
- After this, restart the device and try to install the AVG Antivirus to the device.
If the AVG Antivirus Error Code 0XE001D012 still persists on the device then, the users may visit avg.com/retail or call the AVG Customer Support on the AVG toll-free number, to get an instant support.
James Enrique holds the degree of M. Tech from the University of Nottingham and his keen passion towards technical writing has given him new achievements. His passion for writing on technologies and latest devices has indeed made the interface to any device much easier for users. He enjoys writing about the latest HP printers, Sony printers, Brother Printer, Avast & AVG antiviruses along with all the errors associated with them.